- Finding care in home based daycare
- Finding daycare spaces in centre based facilities
- Support and resources to help meet the needs of your children
- Parent Relief – care when your child is sick
- Temporary care
- Assistance in research on types of care available
At The Providers Home
Home child care providers care for children in their home. Ratios follow the standards put out by the Ministry of Education under the Provincial Government. Currently the ratio in home is 3 under two year and 2 over two years.
Providers will provide opportunities for your child to:
- Learn and develop new skills and interests
- Participate in a supportive, caring and encouraging environment
- Allow for children to make choices that are valued and respected
- Build self-confidence, a positive identity and social skills
- Allow for flexibility and responsive changes in the children’s abilities interest and skills
Facts About Home Child Care Providers
- Providers are independent contractors and not employees.
- Providers must have First Aid/CPR renewed every 3 years
- Providers and Family members over 18 years of age must do a Police Reference Check.
- Homes are inspected before they can be opened for receiving children.
- Providers in our network are classed under private or providers working with licensed agencies.
- Our Consultants assist the provider with program ideas and program planning.
- Your child’s day will include music, reading; free play, arts & crafts, outdoor play as well as a nutritious lunch and 2 snacks.
- Parents are clients of the provider not Daycare Consulting Services. Your fees are paid directly to the providers.
- All providers set their own hours and fees for care, parents are entitled to 10 hours day within the provider’s hours. Some providers may also offer overtime, evening and weekend care.
- Before a parent can begin with a provider the parents will receive a confirmation from Daycare Consulting Services.
- Prior to beginning care, all paperwork and child’s up to date immunization needs to be submitted.
- All interviews are free of charge.
Supporting Visits Through Daycare Consulting
- Providers invite us into their homes to ensure that all homes are safe
- By request, we will phone all clients with feedback of the visit
- We will check all equipment and home for safety
- Assist providers and parents in children’s developmental progress
- Provides activities and resources to providers and families
Your Child in Centre Based Care
- Daycare Consulting can also help you find a spot in a daycare centre. We will take the burden out of constant phone calls, research and gathering information
- We will educate you on the basic rules for daycare centres around ratios, staffing, day to day routines etc
- We will accompany you to the daycare centre when you have a tour to ask the right questions
- You will learn the standards of wait lists and fees and much more.