Providers are caregivers they work as part of a team of professionals whose goal is to provide the best care possible for the child. The commitment by the provider to the children and his/her parents is essential in providing a secure environment for children to grow and develop.
As an Independent Contractor providers with DCS are a mix of private and agency placed children, this allows providers who want to remain “independent” to also provide child care for children requiring subsidy. Providers choose their rates, payment schedules and more.
Providers are required to follow agency policies and procedures, attend professional development, etc
- Establish credibility and professionalism with potential families
- Connect with other professional providers at meetings
- Receive discounts on training courses like First Aid/CPR
- Keep on top of early childhood education through our email, newsletters, and social media
- Gain helpful advice with your consultants on how to grow your business
- Participate in online communities where members share information and advice
- Receive promotional material to showcase your daycare
- Support and relief with the administrative burdens
- Back up Support from the network to assist when you are needing time off
- Self employed/small business accounting
- Child development training
- Communication skills: practical skills for communicating efficiently and effectively in all aspects of home child care.